The Alliance of Portage County Snowmobile Clubs offers a snowmobile system that is a uniquely self funded tourism system, no general tax dollars are used. Volunteer Club members do numerous jobs to make these trails possible, including but not limited to the following:
- Trails are CLOSED :(
- Land owners are contacted for permission to cross their private land.
- Trails are designed, cleared and maintained by volunteer club workers.
- Most trails in the state are groomed by club groomers with heavy equipment purchased and maintained by these clubs.
- Clubs and County organizations provide safety classes to help snowmobilers stay safe.
- Clubs have fundraisers and socials to help with funding and fun raising.
- Most clubs also give back to community and charitable organizations.
- The funding often, mistakenly referred to as “State Funding”, is actually funded by snowmobilers.