We received a $1000.00 donation from the Portage County Tavern League.The owner of Jordan Bar instigated the donation and made the check presentation last night. Pictured in the Photo above are, Perry Pieper, APCSC Secretary, Kate Drmolka, APCSC Treasurer, Brian Swan, APCSC Vice President and John Koschnick from Jordan Bar representative of Portage County Tavern League.
The Alliance of Portage County Snowmobile Clubs offers a snowmobile system that is a uniquely self funded tourism system, no general tax dollars are used. Volunteer Club members do numerous jobs to make these trails possible, including but not limited to the following:
- Land owners are contacted for permission to cross their private land.
- Trails are designed, cleared and maintained by volunteer club workers.
- Most trails in the state are groomed by club groomers with heavy equipment purchased and maintained by these clubs.
- Clubs and County organizations provide safety classes to help snowmobilers stay safe.
- Clubs have fundraisers and socials to help with funding and fun raising.
- Most clubs also give back to community and charitable organizations.
- The funding often, mistakenly referred to as “State Funding”, is actually funded by snowmobilers.